Dec 22, 2009

What I fucking hate.

I realize I usually refrain from using profanity in my writing. I do this mainly because there is such a prevalence of it in my normal speech and I often find myself ashamed of it (the frequent use of profanity). I’ve gotten better through the years about not using it as much, if I had had children no doubt I would’ve taken some other track as I notice most of my friends with children use fuck substitutes so they don’t expose their children to the word. It still comes across as the same thing to adults but it doesn’t hold the fascination the true ‘F’ word does in terms of the shock value it gets when uttered from the mouth of someone under the age of 10.

Anyhow... what I really despise is the end of daylight savings time.

So much so, I am actually moved to using profanity in my writing. I really hate this part of the year that much.

There is something inherently wrong with the sun going down before 5pm (today’s sunset was 4:48pm)...

I started this entry back on November 2nd and here we are just past the Winter Solstice and to tell you the truth I am very happy now. I’m happy because the days will slowly start getting longer again. I’m happy because New Year’s is almost past. I’m happy because in about six weeks or so pitchers and catchers will report.

Yeah, we still have to get through January and February but at least we’re well on the way to spring. Check out the link above (on Winter Solstice) to see how cultures around the world treat the day.

No comments: